Monday 9 February 2009

Photo update from Thailand

A few photos from the trip to Asia. Thailand seems to be overrun with Western backpackers and fish and chip shops and so we are now running away to Laos.

There are a few options for travelling to Laos: I wanted to do an uncomfortable 3 day boat trip up the Mekong river however after a night on the train to Chiang Mai, I am coming round to Reena's view that flying is the best option.

Anyway, here are a few photos from Bangkok. Take care. S&R.

Photos:

1. Steve in Bangkok train station waiting for the train to Chiang Mai
2. A man washes a puppy in a market in Bangkok
3. Car parts on Chinatown
4. The massive reclining Buddha in Wat Pho
5. Roof tiles at Wat Pho






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the beers, one of which I have just enjoyed, although now I am officially old I will need to take it steady in future...

    Love the change of plan - you two really do live in another world from us poor parents. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete